Granny blocks and Selfish Sewing Week ;o)

It's WIP Wednesday! Time to give my project updates...
Yes, I'm still sewing 1.5" squares cut from scraps,
 
 
  to make more granny square blocks for my quilt.  Here's a picture of the newest dozen:
 
Tutorial for these wonderful blocks is from Jolene at Blue Elephant Stitches
 
Latest count?

 
72!
  I think I'm going to take the advice left as a comment the last time I posted about my hopes to turn these 5" blocks into a king-sized quilt... I'm going to use them as leader-enders for all the other sewing I get into.  That may help me get further along (while keep me from burning out on sewing granny blocks endlessly ;o).
 

Have you heard?
Sept. 23-29 is Selfish Sewing Week!
 
Jill from Made with Moxie and Rachel from imagine gnats have come up with a wonderful idea - a week of sewing for yourself. ;o)  Doesn't that sound like fun? 
 
Now, it's not as if I never sew anything for myself  - the above WIP is for my bed, after all, but this week I'm also going to do some oft neglected sewing for myself.  Clothing! I may be a little late in posting about my plans to participate, but I'm full of good intentions and ready to sew away the week. ;o)
 
All sorts of selfish sewing inspiration can be found on both Rachel's and Jill's blogs,
as well as in the Flickr group.
 
 
 
Here's my lofty hopes for some selfish sewing this week...
 
1. sew a pair of lounge pants (the previously made ones I share HERE and HERE wore out) from the pattern found in the book, In Stitches by Amy Butler.
2. sew a denim skirt
3. sew a corduroy blazer or two from pattern in  Stitch Savvy  by Deborah Moebes 
4. sew a new bag ( just in time for the Creative Stitches & Crafting Alive being held this weekend)
 
Linking up with The Needle and Thread Network for another WIP Wednesday.  Hope to see you there!
 

Comments

  1. Love your stacks of 1 1/2" squares. That will be a very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to do this as a leader/ender project. I love the way this is turning out and think it will help keep you progressing. I can't wait to see the finished quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katherine! I hope you have time for all that in your list! Selfish sewing week was a great idea ... I try next week. I love your grannies as you know and I just realized that I have now perfect fabrics to use with some of my scraps. I got amazing present (didn't have time to post yet).
    Happy sewing! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. selfish??? no, darlin', you've got it all wrong. It's called therapy, or thinking time, or improving skill time. Your quilt is coming together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all your sewing plans. I hope you reach your goal with those little blocks. How many would you need? Sashing would cut down on how many you really have to make - just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blocks are AWESOME. I wish you the best with your self sewing... We as both women and quilters sometimes forget that aspect of a sewing machine eh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty... I just love granny square blocks! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are very nice, and "selfish" sewing is a great idea ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. that quilt is going to be fab, well worth the effort. i look forward to seeing your adventures in dressmaking

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!