What a week!

 I think I forgot just how NOT fun it is to get sick.  The past week I've been down with a nasty head cold - the kind that leaves your nose raw and sinuses burning. The staying home from installing with my husband part was nice... but it wasn't exactly a jolly holiday. I mistakenly thought that I would be able to work away on some sewing projects while I was sick, but I didn't count on how much energy being sick takes. ;o)

 The week wasn't all bad though. I spent a little time crocheting - seems I could manage the simple repetitive stitches in this hand made trim (that I've been wanting to make for awhile).  This was a prototype  as I want some to add to pillowcases I  intend to make for my bed.  More crocheting ahead, now that I know the pattern works with this particular thread.


While I was under the weather, I received a lovely package of fabrics from my blogfriend in Sweden, Maria.  She knows I'm trying to collect some low volume fabrics for some quilting projects and she wanted to contribute.   I feel so spoiled by her kindness (she even tucked in some yummy Brandon Mably fabric, too!) and I'm quite excited to put these pretties to use. Thank you, Maria!

 
The final highlight from the week I was sick, is that I was able to attend the annual Unwanted Fabrics and Crafts Sale.  Here's just a small sample of the treasures that came home with me (more on that in another post ;o).

 
Thank you to all who sent "get better soon" wishes.  I'm so happy to be nearly 100% well again. 
 Nothing like being sick to make you appreciate being healthy!

Comments

  1. You poor baby! It's awful to be so sick you can't even sew. I hope your energy perks up so you can sew with those cute little gifts you received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pillowcases with handmade crocheted trim = the ultimate in cozy homemade prettiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hrm..
    I had forgotten about the fabrics.
    Memory is good, but so short...
    Have fun!
    Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better soon..nothing worse than a stinking cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the trim is lovely, are you planning on sewing it on to the pillow cases or crocheting it in place?

    wow, what a button haul!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!