Can't say no

It seems I am unable to walk away from orange fabrics right now, so I've started yet another project.  Probably comes as no surprise to find me fashioning "granny square" blocks (here's the link to the tutorial to make this block....).  Resistance to this delightfully scrappy block is futile, so why fight it? ;o)  So here I am puttering away with some 1.5" scraps while I take a break from pattern drafting and planning and listmaking etc.

Oh, in case you haven't already heard, the finalists have been chosen for the Modern Mini Challenge and you can now vote for your favourite finalists in two separate categories (click here for the link).  You will have until noon Friday, March 9th to vote and the winners will be announced that afternoon.

Comments

  1. Your granny square block is so lovely Katherine! I still try to resist!

    I was a little disappointed to see some of the quilts that made it to the final voting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathrine! I love also orange and can't get rid of it! It looks great with purple (unfortunately no purple in my stash). Those granny blocks are so wonderful! I have made granny-crochet blankets and would be nice to make a quilt, too!
    Happy sewing! x Teje
    PS. I love your orange wall quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some of the most amazing orange scraps! The granny block looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - what are you creating now, with lovely colourful orange and purple scraps?! (I wonder if Locutus liked quilts? LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I think this is going to be my favourite of your orange projects. I like these granny blocks and it looks FAB in orange!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!