How lucky

It seems I somehow missed sharing with you this beautiful gift from my dear friend Dianne.  She knit and felted this lovely bag for me for my birthday (which was last month).  I've been lucky enough to have received other hand knits from her, but new to me was seeing the talent she has for card making.  Check out her watercolour work and beautiful handwritten verse.  Hard to believe this was her first card, right?  I do hope she will continue to make these beauties.  I adore handmade gifts - so these are treasures.  Thanks, Dianne!


Just before I left for our family holiday, Lee contacted me to let me know that I had won her blog giveaway.  It just so happens that we live in the same city and decided that it would be fun to finally meet in person.  Yesterday morning she arrived bringing me these goodies.  Fabric cards she made, a zip pouch she'd sewn and a pack of fun fabrics.   Lucky me!


Lee even spoiled me further by bringing home baked banana bread (which didn't last more than a few hours).  Boy, was it yummy!  (I even shared... don't want you to think that I'm greedy ;o)


During my visit with Lee, I mentioned that I've found thrift store shopping a bit more challenging here than what I'd become familiar with when I lived in a smaller city.  That's not to say that there isn't plenty of thrift stores, in this large city, but rather that I'm not finding the deals or the goods that I use to.  Now, you can imagine how happy I was to come across this haul of vintage buttons at a garage sale over the  weekend.


I know that there are deals out there. I just have to be persistent and lucky? ;o)


**Regarding the quilted journal cover tutorial... I hope to post that tomorrow for you.  I'm off to make homemade pizzas and bake a cake, like this one, for my youngest son.  He's 16 today.  Yikes. It just doesn't seem possible and lucky doesn't begin to describe how I feel about my amazing family. Okay, before I start getting all mushy on you, I will sign off.  It's celebration time at our house tonite. 

Comments

  1. Enjoy your celebration! A boy is 16 only once!

    Beautiful giveaway gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely post and kind words. A belated happy birthday to your youngest ;-). I think your book covers are delightful!
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!