A Gift for a little Girl and something for Me!

Why is it that when I think a project will take little time to make up, that it seems to not work out that way? Unfortunately one such project is a gift that is now late. Oh, well. I think she will enjoy a late birthday gift all the same. Two year-old fingers should find the velcro closures on the loosely fashioned doll clothes easy to manage.
Can you believe that it took me more time to sort out a hairdo and the embroidering of the doll's face than it took to design the simple outfit? I was hoping to make the doll child friendly, knowing that the doll will likely get carried around by her hair and that any small buttons have the potential to be picked off and be swallowed by a wee one. It's been years since my sons were at such an age, but I do remember how little fingers can worry loose parts and pieces on toys. Yikes. Finally, another project I'm happy to have complete is the Irish Hiking scarf. I really enjoyed knitting this and might bravely attempt knitting a cabled hat to match. Wishing I had it knit up and ready to wear since it's become colder here in the past 24 hours.
Wish me luck in finishing up my other works-in-progress before I get to come up with a gift for my soon-to-be 7, nephew. The birthday parade is in full force these days. Lots of gift making to be done.

Comments

  1. That Irish Hiking scarf is fabulous. That is the pattern I usually knit on roadtrips. And your sweet baby doll is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doll is amazing Katherine! I can't believe you just made that up from scratch! Beautiful! And I love the scarf! I've never tried cables but I think they are gorgeous. Something else to learn I guess, add it to the list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute little dolly and your scarf looks lovely. Like the cables. I used to knit a long time ago - uni days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!